Perth, the capital of Western Australia, epitomizes the modern urban scene. It's definitely isolated. But with its contemporary architecture, vibrant art scene, and countless restaurants capped off with funky bars and swish nightclubs, you won't feel like you've staggered onto the scene of an old Western flick. And the locals here are a very nice complement with their friendliness, youthfulness and diversity.
Perth's CBD is all glass towers and wind tunnels, like any city. But graciously absent is the cold-blooded corporate culture that so permeates Sydney and Melbourne.
While you're in Perth, check out the Perth Mint, on the corner of Hay and Hill Streets. It boasts the world's largest collection of gold nuggets. Take a walk along the Swan River on Riverside Drive, head up to the Hay and Murray Street Malls, amble over to Northbridge for lunch and walk back down to Barrack St Jetty in time for one of the afternoon ferries from Barrack St Jetty to South Perth.
On the south side of the Swan River you'll find Perth Zoo. The Perth Zoo has over 1500 animals comprising 200 different species. Local animal celebrities to be found here include kangaroos, koalas, numbats, emus, and dingoes.
There are plenty of rental and Real Estate WA options throughout the State.
Things To Do in Perth
• Take a stroll around Kings Park, and snap some class photos of the city from up above. Experience the heady heights of the eucalypt canopy by embarking on the Federation Walkway.
• Hire a treadly from the Cycle Centre at 313 Hay Street, East Perth, 08 9325 1176 and check out Perth at its pristine and cycle friendly best.
• Get off your bumand explore the city in a fun and relaxed environmentwhile uncoveringlost heritage and history along with its best keptsecrets. See www.twofeet.com.au
• Watch a cricket match at the WACA, the fastest strip on earth.
• Try and work out what the 'rules' part of Aussie Rules Football consists of at the Subiaco Oval: www.wafootball.com.au/subiaco-oval
• Hop on the CAT bus for a free day of touring the city's highlights. For timetables. See www.transperth.wa.gov.au/
• Treat yourself to a generous helping of Hindu hospitality, nottomention a 360º panorama of the Perth city skyline: Annalakshmi, 2ndFloor, 12 The Esplanade, Perth, 08 9221 3003. Delicious wholesome vegetarian food with no set prices i.e. you 'eat as you likeand pay asyou feel'. Booking will guarantee you a berth.
Exciting Areas of Perth
The following areas hold some of the most enjoyable and exciting attractions Perth has to offer.
Cheap things to do in Perth
- Western Australia
- Buying a car
- Campervan Hire
- Car Hire
- Swan River Charters
- WA Sports
- Cheap Perth
- Perth Bars
- Tattoos & Piercing
- Indigenous WA
- Gay WA
- Perth & Surrounds
- Down South
- Coral Coast
- Outback and Inland
- Up North
- Map of Western Australia
- Culture & Nightlife
- Current Jobs
- Moving On
- Visa Information
- Royal News
- Useful Links